The following is needed before you get started:
A server with CURL support — to communicate with the API
PHP 5.3+ MySQL database (5.5+)
SSL/HTTPS setup — to keep customer data safe (not required if testing sandbox accounts)
Simplify Commerce account can sign up here.
A working Joomla site with VirtueMart installed
1. Go to https://github.com/simplifycom/simplify-joomla-virtuemart-module and download the zip of the source code on that page.
2. Log in to the admin section of the store - usually the website name with administrator/index.php? after it - http://localhost/virtuemart/admi nistrator/index.php?
3. On the top menu bar click Extensions --> Manage --> Extension Manager.
4. Click the Choose File and use the zip file that was downloaded in step 1 above.
5. Click the Upload & Install button.
6. The following screen should show up if the installation completed correctly:
7. Go to Components --> VirtueMart --> Payment Methods.
8. Click New
9. This should bring up the following form:
10. The configuration inputs for setting up the Simplify Payment Gateway are below:
Payment Name: It is recommended to use 'Simplify Commerce by Mastercard' for this as this is what the customer will see when choosing what payment method to use.
Set Alias: This can be the same as Payment Name or whatever the merchant wants the alias to be. Published: Set this to Yes if the payment method is to be activated and seen on the checkout.
Payment Description: This can be whatever is necessary to describe the payment gateway. Payment Method: Select the Simplify Commerce option from the drop-down menu.
Shopper Group: Select the shopper group that can use the payment option.
List Order: List the order in which the simplify payment option appears in the list of all of the options on the checkout page.
Currency: Select the currency that will be used.
11. Once those are filled out click the Save button.
12. You should see 'Payment Method successfully Saved'. Click Configuration and the screen for entering the API keys will appear.
13. The API Keys (public and private) needed here can be found on the Simplify page of the account being used here.
14. The API Keys are as follows:
Sandbox Private Key – (Test Mode) – Sandbox must be enabled to use this field.
Sandbox Public Key – (Test Mode) – Sandbox must be enabled to use this field.
Live Private Key – This is the live key found on the API Keys section for live payments.
Live Public Key – This is the live key found on the API Keys section for live payments.
15. After the API Keys have been entered and either Sandbox or Live has been picked on the toggle, click the Save button.
16. The Simplify Commerce payment method should now be available in the checkout process.
The default username/password combo to log into phpMyAdmin is 'root' and whatever password that was used when installing Joomla originally.
If there is an API error being received, it should be checked that the correct Public & Private Keys have been input (not test keys) and are in the correct location and that Test Mode is disabled. Public keys start with sbpb_ (sandbox/test key) or lvpb_ (live key).
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find the page for downloading the module?
The page can be found here.
Can I use standard payments with Joomla VirtueMart?
The hosted payment option is the only type of payment option available using this extension. The hosted payment form will appear on a new screen once the user commits to the purchase.